You might have grown up on a farm if...
Growing up on a farm is a different kind of childhood filled with experiences that only fellow farm kids can identify with. How many of these do you relate to?
- Know that 5-gallon buckets and stacking bales of hay provide a better workout than any gym.
- Learned to drive a tractor before getting a license.
- Played on hay bales more than any playground.
- Family dinner conversations weren’t “typical.” They often revolved around livestock maladies, breeding schedules, the weather, or when to plant or harvest crops.
- Animals got breakfast before you did.
- The Birds and Bees talk wasn’t necessary with your parents. You figured it all out from the farm.
- Took a nap in the buddy seat of the combine.
- Learned that baling twine had a thousand and one uses, but if you leave it out on the ground, be prepared to be fussed at by whoever is mowing the grass.
- Had a family vacation cancelled because of an emergency on the farm.
- The loyalty to a certain brand of tractor rivaled any loyalty to a sports team.