Grow Your F.A.R.M.
Financial, Advertising, Resources, Management (FARM)
Cape Fear Farm Credit is dedicated to the future of agriculture and the next generation of agricultural leaders. For generations, Cape Fear Farm Credit has served as a stable source of credit to farmers and individuals living in southeastern North Carolina.
As part of Cape Fear Farm Credit’s commitment to young, beginning, and small farmers, we offer a “Grow your Farm” Program to support agricultural educational opportunities. Annually, new and existing young, beginning, or small farmers/agri-business owners can apply for funds to assist them in covering the cost to attend educational programs to advance their agricultural knowledge and business skills. This can include educational opportunities provided by any credible agricultural partner. Examples include opportunities focused on financial planning, advertising or marketing development, and resources such as business planning, economic outlook forums or management classes.
The “Grow your Farm” program is available to individuals that:
- Reside in the counties served by Cape Fear Farm Credit
- Are 35 years old or less in age
- Have been involved in farming/agri-business for 10 years or less, in your own operation
- Have less than $250,000 in annual gross farm, or agri-business, sales
- Demonstrate that farming/agri-business is the applicants’ part-time or full-time occupation
- Are a customer-owner of Cape Fear Farm Credit
Program levels are as follows:
- Beginning ,Young, or Small Farmers/Agri-Business Owners, who are Cape Fear Farm Credit customers with a total principal balance of $50,000 or more, can receive up to $1,500 in grant funding
- Beginning, Young, or Small Farmers/Agri-Business Owners, who are Cape Fear Farm Credit customers with a total principal balance of $50,000 or less, can receive up to $500 in grant funding.
Distributed funds cannot be used to pay operating expenses or for purchase of equipment. These funds are intended to further your agricultural knowledge and business skills to apply to your operation. Applicant must not have received funding in the previous three years to be eligible.
Grow Your Farm Application
To apply for funds, fill out the application below or download a hard copy.